Musings on knitting, crochet, and a fairly loopy life.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

etsy bound

I'm trying to complete some knit and crochet projects to sell on Etsy. I'd like to have 6-10 objects to start, since common wisdom on the site is that a larger inventory is better for business. So far I've got 2 items completed and 2 in progress:


  1. Four Corners Hat. I made this one as an experiment with a yarn I hadn't tried before - Paton's Soy Wool Stripes. It's a very cool self-striping yarn, made out of 70% wool and 30% soy.
  2. The Mistake-Rib Neck Warmer. I know I said I would give it to Ian, but last night I found it lying on the living room floor in a heap of stuffed animals and Legos. I decided that it would benefit my family far more if it paid its own way, instead of joining the rest of the ubiquitous clutter.
  3. A Woven-Stitch Neck Warmer. Yes, I'm really into neck warmers these days. Shorter than scarves, yet every bit as hard working in the warmth department.
  4. Crocheted Basket. The crocheting is done. All I've got to do is sew in a lining. Boy-oh-boy, do I hate sewing.

No comments: