Musings on knitting, crochet, and a fairly loopy life.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

too. much. stuff.

Remember when the only things in your shower were a bar of soap, a washcloth, and a bottle of Prell? Maybe some baby powder waiting on the counter when you were done?

I'm not exaggerating: except for one bottle of shampoo on the top shelf, all these products are MINE! And, yes, I do use them all.

There's the shampoo, and the conditioner. And the leave in conditioner. And the twice-monthly deep-moisturizing conditioner. There's the regular body wash, the soothing body wash, and the exfoliating body wash. There's the regular skin moisturizer, and the moisturizer with mica flakes for when I want to look a little jazzy. And then there's the Vitamin E oil for moisturizing my deeply callused heels.

This dizzying array doesn't even include the gel and pomade I add to my hair after the shower to keep from looking like a crazed poodle. Or the facial moisturizer with SPF 2000 for the day, and the eye cream and moisturizer for night.

When did taking a simple shower become so complicated?

No comments: