Musings on knitting, crochet, and a fairly loopy life.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

spring

Ian brought me a pocketful of crocuses yesterday. He picked them on his way home from school, from a mini-garden that someone (perhaps Resurrection Church?) created in one of the little square tree enclosures on the sidewalk next to their parking lot.
Normally, I would admonish him about picking flowers that don't belong to him, but this time my heart wasn't really in it. The little nosegay was so cheerful, such an uplifting sign that spring really is here, and so completely unexpected. I mean, I never get flowers. It was such a loving, sweet - thoughtful - gift, that all I could do was thank him, give him a (really mild) reminder that in the future, flowers should be left to be enjoyed by everyone, and stick them in a jar of water.

No comments: