Musings on knitting, crochet, and a fairly loopy life.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

the trouble with tribbles

My poor, unfinished tank is no longer. Here it sits, in its new, temporarily unusable, form:
Some people refer to this as "ramen noodles." My husband saw it and said, "What's with the tribble?" (Any original Star Trek fans out there?) As for me, all I can say is I've finally found something that's curlier and harder to manage than my hair.

Believe it or not, this is 2-1/2 balls of yarn. If I'd been smart, I would have rolled it into nice, neat balls as I unraveled it, but it was too much fun to watch it fall into this crazy pile of cotton worms. Of course, now I have to untangle it all so I can stretch out all those kinks and create functional yarn again. I guess it's time to pay the piper. (My mother used to say that a lot. What's it supposed to mean, exactly?)

No comments: